The State of Wyoming offers several programs to support workforce development, and the Buffalo Chamber of Commerce offers direct assistance to Johnson County businesses interested in pursuing them.
Business Training Grants for Existing Positions can provide up to $2,000 per trainee per fiscal year for established Wyoming businesses with existing employees who need a skill upgrade or need re-training in their current occupations.
In order for training to be approved, the business must demonstrate the following:
- Training will either correct an employee’s skill deficiency or upgrade an employee’s current skill level;
- There is a direct relationship between the training and the trainee’s occupation or craft;
- The training is not normally provided by the business;
- The business will not substitute funds normally provided for training or funds obtained from another source with Business Training Grant funds;
- There is a need for the skill upgrade provided by the training for the business to remain competitive in the industry or economy; and
- The skill upgraded provided by the training will:
- Enhance the business’s productivity, efficiency or profitability;
- Reduce employee turnover;
- Enhance employee effectiveness; or
- Enhance employee wages.